You deserve better! You have worked hard to play at the top of your game. You spend your day caring for others. Now it’s time that someone cares for YOU.
Built from scratch to be “Nurse First.” Kevala is a Seattle-based startup committed to representing caregivers at all levels. Simply put, we aim to deliver better opportunities at higher rates of pay. We’re doing this by eliminating the crazy and unacceptable amount of inefficiency in today’s healthcare staffing system. We are working tirelessly to be more efficient, so that we can pass our savings along to you.
If you are a modern nurse that would prefer push notifications to phone calls, and mobile apps to paper, we might just be right for you. Join the Kevala team today and grow with us as we seize this opportunity to deliver:
- Greater Choice: access to a wide variety of assignments.
- Higher Pay: take home more of the billable fee.
- No Hassle: find, apply, and accept shifts with no phone calls required
- Faster Pay: Our caregivers get paid weekly (and soon, daily)
- Contract Duration: 5 weeks
- NOC Shift - 10:00PM - 6:00AM
- Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Cancellation Notice: 7 days
- Guaranteed Hours: 16
- Overtime Hours: All overtime hours must be pre-approved by facility representative
- Holiday / Overtime: 1.5 times the hourly rate
- Crisis Rate: In addition to any Holiday Rate or Overtime Rate, one and one-half (1.5) times the applicable hourly rate will be implemented for Provider personnel assigned to a Covid-19 unit at Facility, subject to the parties’ agreement in advance and in writing.
The assignment is subject to terms of the employment agreement and performance as dictated by the facility. An assignment can be cancelled without the notice period per the above sentence.
- At least 1 year experience in skilled nursing in the last 3 years
- Have a 10th grade education or above
- Be a licensed certified nursing assistant in the state
- Have a passion for caregiving and enhancing the quality of life for our patients
- Check each patient routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes
- Review patient care plans daily to determine if changes in the patient's daily care routine have been made on the care plan
- Inform the nurse supervisor of any changes in the patient's condition so that appropriate information can be entered on the patient's care plan
- Assist patients with daily needs
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and foster a calm and cheerful environment
- Ensure patients' rooms are ready for receiving and help patients feel comfortable
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Effectively communicate necessary patient information to charge nurses, director of nursing, and/or administrator
Kevala is on a mission to unlock the modern healthcare workforce. Healthcare is the largest and fastest growing employment sector, with 17.5 million healthcare providers in the United States alone, yet the technology to efficiently access this workforce has not kept pace.The Kevala team is inspired by the prospect of addressing these widespread problems brought on by a shortage of skilled nurses and the rising cost of healthcare.
We believe that modern technology, coupled with an efficiently utilized workforce, is a big part of the solution.
Driven by our core principle of putting caregivers first, Kevala has demonstrated an ability to attract and engage a large and loyal population of nurses and therapists who want control over when and where they work. When we properly match the workforce to healthcare organizations who need supplemental staff, everyone wins.
If you want to learn more check out what other positions are available at https://careers.kevala.care